Nothing says classic to me quite like reminiscing over my child hood with a tall glass of Coca-Cola. During my recent family trip to Atlanta , I was able to make a trip to a place that is near and dear to my heart: the World of Coca-Cola, where the magic behind the iconic sugar drink happens. Or at least, where you can learn about the history of Coca-Cola, anyways.
When I created my itinerary, I was so excited to see the many different Downtown Atlanta area attractions available. But when my eyes took in the words “The World of Coca-Cola” it was pretty thrilling. I’ve had a love, love relationship with the drink since I was just a kid.
I have recently given up sugar but have not quit cold turkey. My daughter & I will occasionally split a Coke or coffee beverage to hold us until our next cheat day. Since we knew about our upcoming trip, we decided to save our cheat day until our visit this week.
The World of Coca-Cola had it’s grand opening in May of 2007 and is split into two separate levels for the touring pleasure of folks like you and I, who revel in the carbonated goodness of the soda brand we most support.
Level 1 includes:
- The Lobby: The Lobby is home to Coca-Cola folk art bottle display, and a sneak peek video of some of the highlights of the Coca-Cola world.
- The Loft: Surround yourself with Coca-Cola artifacts of yesterday and today. The Loft is home to nearly 200 historical and international artifacts that represent more than 125 years of Coca-cola history.
- Coca-Cola Theater: Watch the 6 minute film of “Moments of Happiness” that celebrates some of life’s most memorable experiences shared by people of all ages across the globe.
- Vault of the Secret Formula (who wouldn’t want to see that!) See for yourself where they keep the secret to keeping Coca-Cola tasting so delicious!
- Milestones of Refreshment: A series of 10 galleries await for you in the Milestones of Refreshment portion of your tour. You’ll experience the rich history of Coke for yourself.
- Bottle Works: Get a behind the scenes look at the Coca-Cola bottling process as the Bottle Works portion of the tour showcases the same equipment and processes that are used in the full size bottling plants.
- Coca-Cola Polar Bear: Meet and get a picture taken with Coca-Cola’s most beloved character, the Coca-Cola Polar Bear!
- 4-D Theater: Take a journey around the world In Search of the Secret Formula in the multi-sensory movie experience.
- Live POSITIVELY Portrait Wall: Discover how the Coca-Cola system benefits people and communities around the world.
- Pop Culture Gallery: See how fans have made Coca-Cola the brand icon for Pop Culture.
- Perfect Pauses Theater: Enjoy the best of Coca-Cola advertising across the years and across the world in 3 short films.
- Taste it!: Treat your taste buds to a trip around the world with more than 100 different beverages!
- Coca-Cola Store: Last but not least, take the memory of your trip to the Coca-Cola World home with you with the vast line of coke merchandise available in their gift shop.